Thursday, December 8, 2011

Grandma's old Cosco stool


1947 Cosco model 4-D stepping stool/chair.    I sure remember Grandma having this tucked in the corner of the kitchen ready for her grandchildren to lend a helping hand.   

I snatched this up for $7 at G-Sale and could not wait to take it apart and give it a new life. (please remember when breaking things down you should have some idea on how it goes back together.) No not me.  So I had to add another 30 minutes figuring out that puzzle.  


Sanded lightly metal and chrome to remove any rust, Primed (2 coats) and then 3 coats of Rust-Oleum's Magnolia .  remember the drying times vary so follow the paint directions.  Lesson learned.  Dah!

"Purchased this "Venetian Red" vinyl on sale for $1 a yard (yahoo!) and batting from Michael's.  Removed the rubber step mats and painted those a semi-gloss black and then reattached with 3M 90 Spray adhesive. I found the two missing caster cups at hardware store and because they did not match I spray painted to a close match of the red.

Maybe not the baby blue color Grandma's had but, but a vibrent palet I must say.
"Go ASU Sun Devils". 

$65.00 and it could be yours. To late SOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment