Monday, December 12, 2011

Repurposed Refuse

Well the first post of a new Blogger.
Some 20 something years ago my wife and I decided to sell the primitive tools we had decorated our basement home in Illinois with.  A friend suggested we take them to a flea market because there the people were looking for those specific types of collectibles.  So we did and "Cha-Ching", I was hooked.  Hooked on the selling, collecting, repairing, searching and hunting for those little treasures that we could make a few bucks from.  Now, present day, the bug has returned.  
   From reality TV, HGTV, the make, break it, fix it shows and my fav, Craigslist, the fever hit me hard.   Who knew besides me, 20 years ago that people would love buying strange and wonderful used and repurposed things.   I often found out that the more unusual it is the more people want it.  Which brings me to today.  Last month while pa-rousing Craigslist I saw in the free section someone giving away kitchen cabinet doors.  So I thought I would bite, made the contact and headed to pick a few up.  My mind now envisioning I could make a lil' Diddy out of them.  When we arrived, "yes I dragged my wife with," we were greeted with a shed full of doors.  We picked out a few, 35 and headed home.  After looking over the quality of the cabinet doors my brain snapped.  I was on the phone making arrangements to pick up the rest. All 328  more of them.   Now forced to clean out my now newly full garage, I am repurposing other peoples refuse.  Every corner I turn I am engulfed with how I can take something and make it come alive again.  Hense Repurposed Refuse is born again.  Projects and Pictures to follow. Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment