Saturday, December 24, 2011

John Deere anyone?

 Garage Sale find of an older 
John Deere crate.
 The second piece of foam was foam for car seats with a thin plastic mesh so materials won't slip back and forth. I cut the second foam about and inch and 1/2 wider so when attaching the material the foam will cover the wood edge. 
 That way the material will not  rub and wear out when in use. 
 Love the hinges give a lot of play and is hidden inside the box.
John Deere, Do I need to say more?  I found the crate at a GS and of course had to span it up.  Right away I new it wound become a seat of some sort.  I had to stop by a fabric store for some funky print for other chairs and there it was John Deere fabric.  "Snap"  A little spray glue and cushioning foam and I was set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment